Honors & Awards
- Originally established in 1978, Plastiras & Terrizzi has maintained the highest rating (A-V) by Martindale Hubbell for over twenty years.
- Basil Plastiras has been selected as a Northern California Super Lawyer, has been AV rated by Martindale Hubbell since 1986, and as been listed in the National Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Attorneys since 1996.
- Mike Terrizzi was the recipient of an Award of Excellence in Chapter leadership from the Community Association Institute.
Significant Cases and Representation
- Ryland Mews vs. Munoz: The decision provides authority for community associations in enforcing use restrictions, heretofore unpublished, on how to address the issue of unapproved modification to floor coverings such as hardwood flooring, which create a nuisance for downstairs residents in a manner that balances the interests of all parties involved. The decision also establishes a new rule of law permitting substantial compliance with community association procedural requirements when there is no prejudicial effect to an owner occasioned by the failure of the association to strictly comply with those procedures.
- Mike Terrizzi was trial counsel in the precedent-setting case Raven’s Cove Townhomes v. Knuppe Development Co., (1981) 114 Cal. App. 3d 783, which established the right of homeowners associations to bring suit for construction defects to common areas, on behalf of individual homeowners.
- We successfully obtained summary adjudication in favor of his client, a small business owner, after the court found that a 12 percent interest rate loan forced upon him by the seller of the business was usurious.
Plastiras & Terrizzi
We are a full service law firm dedicated to providing prompt, professional and effective legal assistance to our clients.
Plastiras and Terrizzi has maintained the highest rating (A-V) by Martindale Hubbell for over twenty years.
Enter your information below and we’ll contact you as soon as possible: