[et_pb_section][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left”]
Tort and Insurance
Combining extensive experience in insurance coverage disputes and defense litigation, the firm delivers a full range of legal services to insurance carriers. The firm offers carriers of primary, excess, umbrella, and surplus policies with an independent evaluation of liability claims and exposure issues.
For the most part, the firm’s personal lines activities are devoted to the evaluation of risk and exposures under automobile and homeowner’s policies for the first and third party claims.
In addition to providing the traditional analysis coverage for specific losses in both homeowner’s and auto policy lines, the firm reviews questionable and potentially fraudulent claims brought against its clients.
- In the commercial lines claims area, a field that has experienced a number of dramatic developments in recent years, the firm has taken a leading edge position in order to supply the most up-to-date legal counsel.
- When determining issues that do not fit within the existing regulatory case law that covers standard primary commercial and personal lines risks, the firm uses its considerable expertise to define new legal territory.
- Members of the firm have been actively involved in the representation of public entities. We have experience in representing counties, hospital districts and special assessment districts.
- Our attorneys are thoroughly familiar with the statutory and case law establishing the duties and immunities of public agencies and their employees. The firm seeks to maximize efficiency while minimizing the distraction and disruption of the orderly course of governmental business which often results from litigation.
- We have expertise in the area of public property and highway design, inverse condemnation/property damage, school district liability and land use, planning and zoning.
- As strong advocates of preventative law, the firm renders settlement negotiations outside the courtroom whenever possible. However, when necessary, it provides aggressive defense against, and prosecution of, coverage disputes and tort litigation in the state and federal court.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” module_id=”contact”]
Plastiras & Terrizzi
We are a full service law firm dedicated to providing prompt, professional and effective legal assistance to our clients.
Plastiras and Terrizzi has maintained the highest rating (A-V) by Martindale Hubbell for over twenty years.
Enter your information below and we’ll contact you as soon as possible:
[contact-form-7 id=”37″ title=”Contact form 1″][/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]